Royal Bardiya National Park Royal Bardia National Park Bardiya Bardia

Royal Bardia National Park

The Royal Bardiya National Park is situated in the lowland area of   western Nepal, covering about 968 sq. kilometers of land with flora and fauna. This Park is also known as the wildest and most undisturbed wilderness area in the Terai region. In 1969 this park was specially set aside as a royal hunting reserve and later it was renamed as Karnali Wildlife Reserve. In 1982 it was renamed as the Royal Bardiya National Park.
The Royal Bardiya National Park contains about 70% of shorea robusta, which is known as Sal locally. The remaining 30% is covered with grassland and normal trees.
The most commonly seen animals in the Park are the tiger, wild elephant, rhinoceros, gangetic dolphin, wild boar, hog deer, neelgai, porcupine, sloth bear, wild dog, mongoose, wildcat, rhesus monkey, barking deer, samber deer, bandicoot, jackal, hyena, common leopard, fishing cat, langur monkey, blackbuck, the marghmugger and the ghorial crocodile.

Hotels Lodge Guest House wildlife and jungle safari in royal chitwan national park nepalCommonly seen birds in the park are woodpeckers, dragons, herons, bulbuls, doves, egrets, parakeets, kingfishers, barbets, bee eaters,  pigeons, storks, shellducks, sunbirds, babblers, flycatchers, redwattled lapwings and comb ducks.  Some endangered birds like bangle florican, lesser florican, and different types of reptiles, amphibians, insects and butterflies are also found in the Park.

Royal Bardia National Park is 570 Kilometers far from Kathmandu and 90 kilometers from Nepalgunj Airport.

Hotel in Royal Bardiya National Park

Bardia Adventure Resorts

Booking Can be made by writing email.